Zeehan Primary School and mineral displays
in the basketball stadium at the school.
Belstead Street, Zeehan.
For further details please contact:-
Event Organiser:- Kim Dunstan
Phone: 03 6471 6553
61 Counsel St, Zeehan, Tas, 7469
About:- Next fair:
Sat 8 & Sun 9 Nov 2014 - West Coast Tasmania
Zeehan Gem & Mineral Show 2014
held at the Basketball Stadium, Zeehan Primary School,
Belstead St. Zeehan, Tasmania.
Contact Kim Dunstan Ph 03 6471 6553,
|Zeehan Gem & Mineral Fair
Tasmanian Quartz crystals
with purple Fluorite inclusions
Quartz Crystal with
Amethyst and Hematite
from Mount Read, on the
West Coast of Tasmania
Pyromorphite from The
Silver Queen Mine, Zeehan
|Click on any photo to enlarge!
Tips & Safety On Field Trips
- Take every precaution while on field trips like making sure you have the right gear like gloves,
boots, drinking water and basic supplies.
- Fill in your holes after digging and beware of overhanging rocks and ledges that could collapse
while digging below.
- Don't go into old mine shafts as most are unstable and air quality can never be guaranteed.
- Always wear safety glasses when breaking or chiselling on rocks.
- Watch out for snakes and spiders because as a rock hound you're more prone to finding these
critters than others.
- Always close gates after you and always take your rubbish home with you if there isn't a proper
place to leave it.
- Always tell someone where you are before you leave in case something goes wrong!
- Always have a first aid kit close by.
- If you haven't been to an area before draw yourself a map or have a map with you so you don't
get lost. Mobile phones don't work everywhere!
- Wear a good hat and sunscreen so you don't get sunburnt.
- Never forget: FOOD, SNACKS, DRINKS & MEDICATION.
Disclaimer: It is your responsibility to ask permission from any private property owner at any location
when searching for gemstones before you enter any such property. You may also be required to
possess a fossicking license as per state laws.
Safety In The Workshop
- Don't have loose clothing around any moving machine parts and keep guards on equipment at
- Wear safety glasses while grinding and using any pickle or acid compounds.
- Wear a filter face mask if required.
- Don't spill water on any electric motors. Electricity and water don't mix.
- Keep fingers and hands clear of sharp moving parts.
- Wear rubber gloves if handling any acids or pickling solutions.
- Use tweezers when handling hot soldered jewelry.
- Have a first aid kit near by at all times.